Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Another Escape Plot

I'm off to Edinburgh in Scotland on Sunday week to read poetry with, get this: Sally Evans, Alan Gillis and Claire Askew. All very fine poets in differing ways.

Rob MacKenzie, who organises and promotes the Great Grog readings, has a fine poem of Claire's already on display, she's a promising young poet. Alan Gillis's Hawks and Doves was nominated for the T.S. Eliot prize this year; and Sally Evans is the long-serving editor of Poetry Scotland as well as having several poetry collections extant.

Now, as we say here in Ireland, try and folly all that!

9 comments:

Emerging Writer said...

I'd love to pop off to Edinburgh. How'd you get the gig?

Kay Cooke said...

Have fun! Say hello to Scotland for me.

Unknown said...

EW - I'm still not sure how I got it - but I'm glad I did! :S

CB - I will say hello, indeed :)

Mary Boyle said...

Barbara,

I was at a poetry reading last night by a poet called David Smylie, have you ever heard of him, do you know if he has a blog, is is bloody brilliant.

Rob said...

Barbara now has a bio and poem featured at the Great Grog site although, if you have her book, you’ll have seen the poem already. Should be a good gig!

Debi said...

I remember you talking about this! Hope it goes swimmingly. xxx

apprentice said...

Looking forward to seeing you!

Unknown said...

Ooh, have fun - sounds like a great event!

Unknown said...

cheers Mary, Debi, Apprentice and aty and Rob... :)