Tuesday, September 11, 2007

OOOH! AAAH!

That's about all you'll get out of me today. Three advance copies of Kairos arrived this morning. I have to confess that I don't seem to be able to take it in just yet. It looks way better than I imagined it would: lovely cover, poems just so inside.

After waiting for the four weeks it took to print and bind, I cannot believe that it has come around so fast. Tomorrow week, I'll be in a state of high anxiety running around getting stuff done for the launch in Dundalk. Requests to read at various events have started to trickle in, so I guess that I'll just have to get used to this funny feeling in my tummy. It reminds me of the high tensile state I was in just prior to getting married.

Meanwhile, I'll just while away this evening listening to Matthew Sweeney's deep tones, as he reads from his work tonight in the Unitarian Church, St. Stephen's Green, Dublin 2 @ 6.30pm. I'm making a point of talking to him afterwards too ;)

He reads in Limerick on Wednesday and Galway on Friday - not that I'm thinking of going - that might be a little like stalking and I don't think my hub would be too impressed :)))

16 comments:

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
So excited for you. And, as I mentioned.. just LOVE the cover. That's gorgeous.

Wish we could here you on this side.
I'm reminded of a line from "My Fair Lady" in which they are about to take Liza to the ball and the Colonel slips in to the parlour to have a sip of port, after the Professor has declined to join him. He snorts and says, 'it's utterly indecent that he doesn't need a glass of port at a time like this..'
Have some port, you'll be all set.

Good luck!

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Jon M said...

Brilliant stuff B! The book looks classy! and I bet the inside is too! I want one!

Colin Will said...

Congratulations Barbara. The cover looks beautiful, and I look forward to reading the inside.

Rob said...

Yes, I also look forward to reading it.

I've just finished Matthew Sweeney's latest collection, Black Moon, which was very enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

Congrats again - nice to see you, however breifly, last night! Might see you on Monday??

Hope you enjoyed Matthews reading

apprentice said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
apprentice said...

Congratulations, and on the Guardian too! You are on a roll missus. You must be so chuffed.
And it's all so wonderful and well deserved.

Debi said...

Absolutely stunning cover. If you see it from the corner of your eye, it looks as though the sun is moving.

May the sun continue to shine on you, poetess.

Unknown said...

Bugger I had a whole load of stuff written and blogger went 'poof' on me!

Matthew Sweeney's collection Black Moon and his reading from same was brilliant Rob - well worth going to see.

Scarlett, Jon m, Colin, Rob, Apprentice & Debi, thanks so much for your support and kind wishes. The book should be available to buy really soon - will get full details from publisher!

PB -sorry I had to fly, I had to catch an early train home! I will be up at Hugh O'Donnell's launch on Monday, though. That's going to be magic - Hugh's poetry is very accomplished - actually Rob might be interested in Hugh's work, they have a lot in common ;)

Jan said...

Hello there Ive come back to haunt you Cailleach and look forward to catching up with you!
Glad all fine in the Emerald Oisle!

Unknown said...

Hi jan - thanks for stopping by and leaving word:)

Kay Cooke said...

Ooh aah indeed! CONGRATULATIONS!

Unknown said...

Yeehaaa! Congratulations! Enjoy every bit of the moment and the thrill of it alll!

Unknown said...

Thanks very much CB! Big smiles all round here.

AV, I am savouring every last bit of it - something to keep me warm in the winter months :)

Liz said...

Hey Barbara,

Heartiest congrats on the book - it looks fab, looking forward to reading it and well done on the Guardian pub.

Liz

Unknown said...

Thanks very much Liz - I appreciate that :)