Friday, September 21, 2007

Kairos Launched!


The good ship Kairos was launched into orbit with great acclaim and applause on Wednesday, 19th September, 2007!


Well, okay, maybe not 'great' acclaim... but the speeches were very nice, the wine was too and a good many copies of the book were snapped up and signed by yours truly. That's Daire (8) there, holding one of the books!


All the children attended and they were immaculately behaved; if we ignore the investigating of the main theatre, the clomping up and down the main staircase and the hiding behind the side curtains of the small theatre space where the reading and speeches took place. Not during the reading, though, in fairness!

Noel Lennon gave the launch speech, doing a very nice job of introducing me and my work to Dundalkers, Droghedians and Dubliners alike, not forgetting the contingent from Kerry too.

So that's it! The book is launched and is available for sale here: Doghouse Books. You should state if you want your copy signed, but be prepared to wait a week or so for delivery - the publisher is busy honouring poetry commitments in France!

Also, anyone who wants a taster of the poetry is welcome to listen to the interview of Tuesday morning here.

Next week, I'm reading at Chapters bookstore, Parnell Street, Dublin 1, Friday 28th September @ 1pm, with Seven Towers author, Oran Ryan; presenting awards at the Amergin Festival of Writing in Drogheda that evening; and reading on Saturday, 29th @1pm with Doghouse stablemate, Catherine Ann Cullen at the same festival, in the Droichead Theatre, Stockwell Street, Drogheda.

And on Monday I'm registering for the Creative Writing course in Queen's University Belfast - so if it goes a bit quiet here for a few days - don't worry! I'll be back :) Now, I'd better go and get something together for class tomorrow... the handouts won't write themselves!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Woot! Congrats!

Oh, BTW, First!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Yes you is, snuggums :) Thank you :)))))

Kay Cooke said...

Congratulations!!!! What a lovely face the boy and the book have. I will be in touch re that swap :)

Unknown said...

Excellent CB - I can't wait to read your new collection!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Book, MA, creative writing class. Things look good for you gal.

Unknown said...

Whooooooooooohoooooooooooo!!!


Where's mine?

Unknown said...

I know watermaid, 'twas a time when writing things were very thin on the ground - now everything seems to have taken off at the same time!

Minx, hopefully it's on its way to you as we doodle :)))

S. Kearney said...

Wonderful! I will track down a copy! :-)

Debi said...

I've just placed my order and forgot to say I want it signed! Now you'll just have to come and stay so you can sign it in person ...

Unknown said...

There's an offer I can't refuse, Debi... I feel an excursion coming on... :)

Wanderlust Scarlett said...

That's so great!
Congratulations, I am absolutely ecstatic for you!

I know it will do very well.

That is one cute kid, by the way.


Scarlett & Viaggiatore

Unknown said...

Shameless and Scarlett -thank you for your warmth! Daire is one of the twins and he is cute, when he's not being a little bugger ;)