Thursday, January 05, 2006


Here we are now on day five of no smoking. It's actually getting a little easier. Although I am going to have to get back to a regular visit to the gym, otherwise I'm not going to fit into all those size 12 clothes I own...
Looks like I may end up getting a job despite myself... To fill in, last year I applied a la website to the civil service. After a battery of different aptitude and psychometric tests, they've asked me to supply some more information so they can give me a right old grilling at the interview... do you think this is the time to mention the Transylvanian connection?

2 comments:

Messalina said...

Well done on the stopping smoking! Believe me, if I can do it, anybody can. I won't lie to you, 2 years on and I could still smoke for Britain given half a chance. The only thing stopping me is pure stubbornness - I said I'd do it, so I damn well will!

I know you won't believe this at the moment but the first 2 weeks are the hardest - it really does get a little bit easier to tell yourself "No!" after that :o)

You're going to get another job? You think you have time to go out to work with your brood and 2 level 3 courses this year? Ha! ;o)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the pep talk I am struggling a little.

On the job front - well the service lot take their time about selection. I'm hoping that it will take them all year to get around to me. In fairness, I applied in August 05. At this rate it'll be the end of the year before anything happens...(hopefully!).

The time factor isn't one I'm thinking about, just yet!
Denial, moi?