Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Another Year On

Back to school time... and back to college for one as well! Trying to overcome the tiredness is proving a challenge, as I try to meter out the jobs that need to be done: the uniforms, the tracksuits, the contents of pencil cases, the trousers that need hemming, the books that need ticking off. This year, I won't moan about the price of all that stuff that has to be got - for me, it's worth spending on!

But I do it all with a slight of glee - there's no escaping that feeling that mammies up and down the country must be feeling: the feckers are going to be back at school and my house will be my own - to bathe in the peaceful silence (well as silent as a housing estate will get with all known children between the ages of 4 and 17 away being edumucated) of my CLEAN house.

What will I do with all that silence - hopefully a bit of what Nuala Ni is doing - some writing! Now, if I can only manage two hours, I'll be doing well :)

4 comments:

Group 8 said...

Go writing Mammies!!!

Unknown said...

I like that - Writing Mammies has a great ring to it :)

Rachel Fenton said...

"Writing mammies" sounds gorgeous! You should tour with that name!

Enjoy the peace! And much power to your pen!

Dick said...

This honorary mammie will be following suit from tomorrow!