Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Shmoking!

Did I mention that Debi and Minx arranged a birthday surprise for me, back in December that included having to return to London in February?

I knew I liked the sound of it as soon as I saw the picture of the website - Pipe and Slippers. Now, doesn't that sound comfy? The whole idea is a very relaxed Sunday afternoon in Peckham at The Ivy House, on the 24th of February.

There is a story (I don't know how true!) that the Rolling Stones played there once, a long, long time ago.

So I get 10 minutes to wow the audience with poems from Kairos.

But the best news is that the Wordcarver is making a very special appearance on the same bill - live, all the way from the USA: J. T. Ahearn!

I may have to buy a new outfit for this!

9 comments:

Debi said...

Oh I know! What to wear? What to wear? What to wear?

Unknown said...

Shopping already, honey, shopping already!

Unknown said...

Knock 'em dead kiddo! xx

Unknown said...

I know it'll start with a skirt... and maybe boots... or shoes...

Unknown said...

You need an excuse for a new outfit...?

Unknown said...

I need an excuse to think about one. I've been out in the January sales and it ain't pretty... :/

apprentice said...

Oooh that sounds great, congrats. You could still attend Stanza too. We've got a flat for the weekend.

S. Kearney said...

I've really tried to wrangle things to get there ... I really have ... but work and play just don't mix sometimes. I will be thinking of you when you read! :-)

Unknown said...

Apprentice - I'll be looking at StAnza dates real soon... hub will kill me!