Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Back To School

Yay! Kids are back since Monday, so some relative calm has descended on the house, allowing for some productivity... I'm up as far as six sonnets now... but have had to take a break - otherwise I was going to end up speaking and thinking in iambics forever! Arrgh! I will post one of them as soon as I've got my pruning shears out.

In the meantime, I'm off to Limerick today to read. I was there about this time last year for the launch of their journal Revival - that marked the start of all this travelling around Ireland for the sake of poetry - and I can't help marvelling at how far I've gone in a year.

I was just thinking the other day how much I managed to pack into 2007; the CW course, the finishing of the degree, getting onto the MA course, and not least travelling up and down to Kerry, working on edits for the book and getting Kairos 'out there.' I don't think I ever stopped to appreciate just how far I went!

This year looks equally exciting: more CW classes (it seems they like how we work); off to London in February to read at a literary festival; off to Rome to be a tourist (and do some sneaky research too); a Belfast dual reading/launch of Kairos with Enda Coyle-Greene and her collection Snow Negatives, in March and then there's all the material that I'll have from the MA.

Then there's the possibility of a trip to Cornwall and my best friend is coming home soon from her very long travels... all this from these marvellous blog connections.

It seems that those years of waiting around and kicking my heels (pointy ones at that) were just me getting ready... to take on the world! The future is pink.

2008 looks marvellous already, guys :)

9 comments:

belle said...

Yay, go for it girl!

riverwillow said...

OOh can I come to hear you read in London, please, I promise to behave :o))

Unknown said...

Oh yes rw, most definitely!

Thanks Belle - I'll be giving it a lash as they say :)

Unknown said...

Good for you Cailleach! xx

Kay Cooke said...

It does sound like another exciting year is building up for you - that's great. :)

Debi said...

Looking good! And the best is yet to come ...

Jon M said...

Things are looking up!

Unknown said...

Cornwall? Did you say Cornwall? I'll start cleaning now....

S. Kearney said...

Awesome! :-)