Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wot I did - Part Two


It's getting increasingly more diffcult to steal time away from my kitchen lately to report on doings outside of the familial home: I've gone a bit mad making chutneys, jellies and cakes... and I've not even started on the suet-free mince pies. I'm telling you, feeding six kids and eight adults takes the best out of you, never mind adding in the festive glut-fest on top of things. That Nigella one has a lot to answer for...


Anyway, another photo. This time I'm gowned up for the graduation from Queen's University, last Friday. I've got on the hood for the MA, which is a fetching little maroon and blue number over the black gown. At some point during the ceremony (probably when the procession arrived in) I thought how weird it is at this point in our lives that we all dress up like extras applying for the role of court jester at some olde worlde castle. I should probably write a poem about that...

Back to the stove-face. And will someone please save me from the over-excited hobgoblins who seem to have invaded my children's bodies...?

More later in the week about the Seven Tower's Anthology launch on Sunday gone... It's called Census.

3 comments:

apprentice said...

Who Hoo, don't you look great. A picture to treasure for you and the family.

we all know how hard you've work to achieve this. Imperial purple seems very appropriate.....

Liz said...

Congratulations, Barbara! You must be totally delighted at this great achievement...and to boot, you manage to combine the academic with over-the-stove jellies and chutneys...a winning combination : ) Enjoy!
Looking forward to hearing about the anthology too.

Anonymous said...

Mortgage-mart.com has been online since 1995, helping people find the adjustable rate mortgage that best suits their needs.