Sunday, December 14, 2008

Wot I did -Part One


A very busy week indeed, beginning with the launch/talk of the Picture Text module artist's books on Tuesday evening.


The photo of yours truly, in an 'oul paisley number holding aforementioned handmade copy of her artist's book. This comes via SGB, our intrepid tutor/photographer/inspiree. I think I am talking about how William Blake was one of the most notorious combiners of art and text, in his illustrated texts.

More about the rest of my doings over the next few days... and here also a wee teaser about Elizabeth Baines/Fiction Bitch's visit to this blog in the early January!!! I can't wait - I have lots of questions that I want to pitch Elizabeth's way: not least, how she makes her short stories look so effortless... tum te tum te tum.

10 comments:

Totalfeckineejit said...

I've never seen Ian Paisly dress like that!

Rachel Fox said...

Very glam!
x

Liz said...

Nice photos, Barbara...like the look of intent on the onlookers faces ; )

Unknown said...

Nor would you want to, TFE!

Thanks Rachel & Liz, just to prove that sometimes I scrub up well... & you're right Liz, the onlookers do seem interested...

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

Greetings!!!

Hey! I've been meaning to ask you, silly American that I am, what is "bleeuugh"?

Stay well!

Group 8 said...

Hi B
Looking good. And I'm sure your book turned out beautiful.
Looking fwd to Fiction Bitch's words in January.
N x

Unknown said...

Bleugh, is Dundalk drawl for Blog, BFS!

N, thanks very much...FB is something nice to look forward to in the New Year:)

apprentice said...

You look great and the class look a nice bunch.

I love text and image combinations.
Lucy and I are working on some things in this vein.

Unknown said...

Ooh, can't wait to see what your & Lucy's turn out like, I hope you blog a bit about them, A!

The class were a nice bunch of people to work with and there was lots of cross fertilisation going on (ideas, of course!). But on the night, we also got a few art supporters turning up, which was really good.

♥ Boomer ♥ said...

OH!!! "Bleeuugh" is "Blog"!!! That's a great thing to know! Thank you for the explanation! Love it!!!